If you think this is bad, you should read their requirements for the visa application. People are currently turned down if they have a Pakistani or Turkish stamp in their passport. For the photo, I can't wear white or jewelry; if my hair covers my eyebrows or ears it will also be rejected. And don't smile!
My departure date is set for the weekend of July 20, although the school is having difficulty extending my work permit by one week (my contract ends July 12, one week before my class' graduation event). See my post about Chinese Visa Hassles: https://www.gallivantinggoddess.com/steps-and-required-documents-to-move-to-china/chinese-visa-step-by-step. I also want to give myself a week to relax and not have a huge, terrifying To Do List -- I use a similar MO for exam studies: I study like crazy up until the day prior to an exam, then take the last day off to rest my mind and body, unwinding and integrating the information in a relaxed state. I normally aced exams and didn't experience excessive pre-test anxiety because I was prepped and rested! Same model in current time: I will get everything prepped and then take it easy the last week for mental and physical rest for my upcoming trip (ironically, my TREK is meant for mental, physical, and emotional rest).
WEEK 1 TO DO LIST July 24-30
1. Get acupuncture/massage 2x week
2. Mindfulness practice: reading in AM, practice in PM
3. Decathlon: buy new trek boots, return unwanted items
4. Visit Tibetan outdoor stores for gear
6. Buy chromebook
7. Walk on treadmill 30 mins/day
8. Climb stairs 2x/day
9. Confirm moving company/storage
10. Order remainder of trekking gear from Baopals and Taobao.
11. Confirm work end dates and apartment closing, etc.
12. Make reservations for visa trip to Hong Kong
13. Buy moving boxes/tape
MINDFULNESS PRACTICE AT 7am and 8pm!!!