Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Core Skills Training
with Kristin Neff, Ph.D. and Chris Germer, Ph.D.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us... Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do...”
Imagine what my life will be like when I'm ALWAYS kind and self-compassionate to myself!!!!
- I will be free of my chains! I will be free from my worry over others' opinions.
- I will appreciate and love my body!
- I will go out and dance with abandon!
- I will go out and have fun and feel confident; what others may think of me won't even cross my mind!
- I will always be confident!
- I will always feel empowered!
- I WILL BE FREE OF FEAR AND SELF-JUDGMENT!!!
- I won't have to hide anymore!
- I will stand up for myself and speak up for myself (in a kind manner)!
- I will always take care of myself!
- I will FINALLY stop stress-eating and drinking in response to stress, fear, and painful emotions!
- I will be gentle, kind, and forgiving when I'm sick; when I make a mistake; when I become afraid; or when I feel painful emotions!
- I will take care of myself (physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually)!!
- I WILL FEEL JOY AGAIN!
- I will do cartwheels more often!
- I will be kind, patient, and compassionate toward others.
- I will feel gratitude and express it more often!
- I will be more loving and express it more often!
- I will STOP FEELING GUILTY OR ASHAMED!!!
- I will be at peace!
- I will feel safe!
- I will have less stress!
- I will allow struggles to occur in life; I will allow myself to feel the resultant difficult emotions. I will live in balance!!
- I will no longer feel self-conscious, inadequate, disempowered, incapable, or incompetent!
- I WILL LAUGH AND DANCE AND SING ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY!!!
- I will feel free!
Now, how do I create this life??!!
- I will