View of Lotus Shrine from Mt. Kailash Nataraj Shrine, Yogaville, Virginia
Options for the March and April:
Siva Puja at Nataraj Shrine, on the hill above Chidambaram and Lotus, Yogaville, VA.
I won't know about the contract job until next week, and then it will still be iffy through Mar. 10 due to some particular variables. So if I get a hotel through the 9th, I still might end up flying to NZ after all. There are just no long-term sits starting in March in Victoria or Western Australia and my visa expires Mar. 23. With the expiration I either fly out and return for a ridiculous price, which makes no sense, or just sit elsewhere for a while. There are options in Europe; I am keeping that option open if nothing in NZ turns up. I'd like to stay in Oceania or Asia to reduce airfare costs, but if I can't find good sits, I will head elsewhere. There was a great job in Bali, but poor wifi, and another great job in Thailand, but it's burn season there where the pollution is awful and people use air filtrations systems and stay inside. No thank you!
What I'm really hoping is that I am accepted into the month-long yoga program at Yogaville; it's last minute so I may not get accepted in time, but it's my #1 choice. I don't know how well I'll be able to teach online while I'm there, but when I wrote out pros/cons, the priority of my health and well-being emerged as being most cardinal. I'm waiting to find out if I get accepted and then I'll be able to finalize my plans and decide how to proceed. If accepted, I'll fly out on Mar. 4 and either head to Buffalo and visit Janice a few days, or make a stopover in Hawaii. Believe it or not, the shortes route and cheapest flights are through Honolulu and LAX, so why not stop in HI for a day or two and adjust to the time change!!?? Then I can head to Yogaville that weekend, prior to the Monday program start!
On the other hand, if I'm not accepted (this would only be due to limited space or my late application, not because I'm "not qualified" or what-not), I'll have to pick a sit really quick and be prepared to fly to Europe, Canada, NZ or the Americas. The good side of this being I will be able to teach online the entire month, build my income and savings back up, and then head to Yogaville in April or May! Either way, I'll get to Yogaville! Either way, I will be teaching online and bringing in money again (Relief! Whew!). Either way it will turn out fantasticalicious!
I can do it!